What if you were friends with a bunch badass business leaders and entrepreneurs and could ask them about their successes, challenges, and most valuable advice? That’s exactly what Business for Unicorns delivers. Join business coach and entrepreneur Michael Keeler as he speaks with inspiring leaders and entrepreneurs who believe that a business can make money while improving the lives of their employees and customers.
? New Episodes posted every Monday. Start listening at businessforunicorns.com/podcas
Joanna is currently the Vice President of Marketing at WeWork, a seven year old real estate-meets-technology-meets-community start-up, originally founded as a shared office space provider – now on a mission to transform the way we work, live and play. Before WeWork, Joanna spent over 10 years in the fashion world at brands like J.Crew, Lilly Pulitzer and Vera Wang, working across retail and digital marketing. Joanna also did a brief stint on Wall Street, working on the trading floor at Goldman Sachs right out of college. She did her undergraduate degree in French and Political Science at Georgetown University, and has a Masters in Fashion Design from Parsons School of Design.
In this podcast Michael and Joanna discuss:
- How Joanna’s eclectic background is her greatest strength.
- What makes a great leader.
- How to stay focused in a fast-past, rapidly growing business.
- When and how you know it’s time to scale your team.
- How to turn your customers into evangelists for your brand.
- The challenge of scaling culture and community.
- The role design can play in creating community.
- The promise and peril of close friendships at work.
- How millennials are driving new expectations in the workplace.