What if you were friends with a bunch badass business leaders and entrepreneurs and could ask them about their successes, challenges, and most valuable advice? That’s exactly what Business for Unicorns delivers. Join business coach and entrepreneur Michael Keeler as he speaks with inspiring leaders and entrepreneurs who believe that a business can make money while improving the lives of their employees and customers.
? New Episodes posted every Monday. Start listening at businessforunicorns.com/podcas
When Cary Borish opened the first Marathon in 1984, their goal was simple: to provide the neighborhood with the highest quality fresh food at an excellent value. The seeds they planted in their 10-seat burger joint in Northeast Philadelphia have grown into what Marathon is today.
In this episode, Michael and Cary discuss:
- Cary’s experience running a family-owned business
- How to handle conflict when working with friends and family
- Lessons learned from looking back at 30+ years of business ownership
- The value of failure and taking risks
- How to know when it’s time to grow and when it’s time to scale back
- Cary’s thoughts on finding the right neighborhood for your business
- A developer’s perspective on building community