Dr. Lisa Lewis is a licensed psychologist and certified addictions counselor. She holds a master’s degree in clinical counseling psychology and a doctorate in Counseling and Sport Psychology. Lisa has worked in college mental health, community mental health, inpatient and intensive outpatient psychiatric and substance abuse treatment centers since her career began in 2003. She currently provides psychotherapy and consultation services at her private practice in Brookline, MA, and online. She is also the director of behavioral sciences at gWell Health.
Dr. Lewis specializes in working with athletes and athletically minded clients who struggle with mental health problems or addictions, as well as high-achieving professionals who come to her practice to pursue goals and enhance motivation. Dr. Lewis also provides workshops and consultations to fitness professionals for professional development and to enhance communication and motivational skills with clientele.
In this episode, Michael spoke with Lisa about:
- Motivation: What is it, and how we should be thinking about motivation as fitness professionals
- A new framework to help you understand the motivation
- Tips on how to motivate your clients and your team
- Boundaries setting and how are they useful to work with your clients and team
- How we approach self-care as helping professionals