Tired of Doing It All Alone?
Create More Impact and Freedom By Building the Team You’ve Always Wanted
Hello Business Owner Human,
You know what I sucked at when I started MFF?
Well… most things.
But you know what I really, really sucked at when I started MFF?
Management. Leadership. Being a “boss.”
I had ideas about what should happen for our business to succeed. But for the life of me, I couldn’t figure out how to explain what I thought should happen.
I often found myself frustrated because I knew there was something I was missing. While I had a good relationship with my team because I (luckily) had found awesome humans, I knew I was shitting the bed. I was getting by on their hustle and commitment to being heroes. Our systems were minimal to non-existent, and it made for more work for everyone.
- When we needed new people for the team, I had no system to properly vet candidates.
- Once we did make a hire, I didn’t know how to train them.
- TRUE FACT: I gave one of our first team members a yellow legal pad and sent him off to teach class. That was my approach to on-boarding.
- I had no systems in place to clarify expectations or standards for client interactions.
- My approach to growing and develop the team over time was forcing them to read books (better than nothing… but not exactly progressive people development).
- I didn’t know how to effectively talk with them when balls got dropped.
- When there were consistent issues, I didn’t know how to escalate accountability conversations.
- I had zero understanding of the laws around human resources.
Looking back, it feels like a miracle that we’ve had so much success. And I’m the first to admit, much of our early success was finding awesome team members who were able to “raise themselves” and were committed to our shared success.
Thankfully, I knew that I had no idea what I was doing. “Hoping to get lucky” wasn’t a good strategy. And I knew my team deserved better. So I read all the books I could get my hands-on, I went and took courses at places like the American Management Association, and I studied the art and science of team building.
I’m not sure there’s such a thing as a perfect leader. And if so, I’m most certainly not one. But over the years, I’ve taken my biggest weakness and turned it into a strength.
And I have great news…
You don’t need to be a natural manager and leader.
You just need to master some underlying principles to create the conditions where your team can succeed.
And you need to create a few basic systems so you can help your team know what success looks like.
And what if you don’t figure this out?
Instead of building a team, their “business” is actually a “job” that requires their constant attention, 60 hours a week of work, and perpetual burnout. If they’re not personally working on it, there’s no revenue coming in.
Listen, that may be the right fit for you. Based on your life goals and industry, there’s nothing wrong with being solopreneur.
But if you’ve read this far, I’m betting you’re looking for more; more impact on your community, more personal freedom to take time away from your business, and more revenue coming in... even while you’re on vacation.
If you’re ready to grow or effectively develop an existing team, you’ll now have to master a whole new set of skills.
But what if you just stumble along without taking the time to learn these principles and create some systems?
- Lots of turnover from team members that aren’t quite the right fit
- Wasted time, money, and energy on inconsistent and ineffective hiring processes
- Under-trained team members making missteps that hurt client relationships and your business’s reputation
- Confusion from your team about what exactly you expect
- A frustrating and stressful work environment full of interpersonal tension
- Stagnation and boredom for team members who stay
- High potential performers that quickly leave for better opportunities
- No accountability for performance
- Longer hours with way more stress and headaches
- Subpar business performance, more expenses, and lower profits
- Feeling like you’re drowning alone every day
While I can’t tell you it’s easy to address all of these challenges, I promise it IS possible.
And in Business for Unicorn’s course The Care and Feeding of Superheroes, we’re going to show you exactly how in a live two day workshop and six weeks of online coaching.
- Find, recruit, and vet potential candidates with hiring processes that ensure you get the right people on your team
- Onboard new team members so that they can succeed from day one without making costly mistakes learning the ropes
- Clarify exactly what standards you expect of your team in every situation, from prospecting to customer service to order fulfillment to internal communication
- Create a work environment that inspires continual growth and development while enjoying the process
- Build a culture where there’s real accountability for results
- Keep your best performers around for the long haul so you’re not always replacing people
By building systems and committing to developing a team, your business will finally be more than a spectacularly stressful job.
When you have an awesome team in place, you don’t have to feel like you’re always pushing a giant boulder up a mountainside all by your lonesome.
You’ll be able to take vacations and totally unplug.
You’ll be making more money every single month.
Your clients will come to look to your business as their solution, and not just to you personally.
Most of all, you’ll create fulfilling work that lets your team grow as professionals and human beings.
And we’re not satisfied to simply talk at you for a few days and then leave you to you to figure it out. This won’t be another one of those courses that leaves you with pages of notes, lots of good intentions, and zero implementation.
We’ll be with you every step of the way helping you implement these strategies into your business. With weekly modules that keep you focused, we’ll make sure you avoid overwhelm. Best of all, between our Facebook Group, Live Q&A, and unlimited 15 minute laser coaching calls, we’ll work with YOU to help you figure how what’s best for your business.
…. BUT WHY SHOULD YOU LISTEN TO US?
It’s no secret Mark Fisher Fitness has had some pretty unprecedented success.
What began in 2011 as a single personal trainer has gone on to become two locations in the New York City’s hyper-competitive market with over 1000 clients. In addition to being an honoree on Inc 500’s list of fastest growing companies in America, we’ve scored all sorts of local and national press for our business success and our quirky-ass culture.
Listen, I’d be lying if I said there was no element of luck involved, particularly at the beginning as we flew by the seat of our pants. And while I’m biased, I really do think we have the best team in the world.
Although I know we found some very, very special people, I also know this:
You will not ACCIDENTALLY create an awesome team, at least not with consistency.
(Frankly, none of those bad-asses would have stuck around if we hadn’t gotten our act together and figured out how to create a work environment that challenged, satisfied, and fulfilled them.)
By mastering principles and creating a handful of systems, you’ll be setting your team and your business up for sustainable success.
In this course, we’re not just giving you our systems and clunkily fitting them onto your business. But for those interested in diving deep into how MFF has had so much success, we’ll pull back the curtain and show you our exact systems so you can model them as you wish. You’ll get to see:
- Our complete 3 step interview process, including questions
- The MFF Quarterly Personal Education Plan for our team members
- Performance standards for various job functions
- Yearly check-in forms
- Meeting agendas
- Customer service scripts
- And much, much more
But remember, we won’t be making you do a copy-paste job. We’ll be working with you step-by-step to create the right systems for your business.
If you really want a business that creates massive impact in the community you serve, you must master the skills required to build a great team.
No more doing it all alone.
Click the link below and let’s build your dream team of superheroes.
See you soon,
Enroll Early to Save BIG Bucks!
Super Early Bird
Expired Sunday, June 22
3 Payments of
Expired Sunday, July 13
3 Payments of
Expired Friday, July 19
3 Payments of
General Enrollment Countdown
But don’t take our word for it...READ WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT US
Now here’s the best part… There’s truly NO risk.
You have nothing to lose.
If you don’t make back 10 TIMES the amount of money you invested over the next twelve months, we will give you your money back.
We don’t take your commitment for granted. And we are committed to your total success as you build the team of your dreams.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Well SHIT, I can't make it. Will you be doing this again?
A: Not in 2019.
Q: Can I do Care and Feeding of Superheroes if I can’t attend the 2 Day Live Workshop?
A: There is
Q: How does the payment plan work?
A: Once you put down your deposit for Care and Feeding of Superheroes, we’ll bill you in three monthly installments based on the rate when you commit to the program. Remember, the Super Early Bird ends on
Q: I'm not an entrepreneur or freelancer, and I work for someone else. Will this information still be relevant to me?
A: It depends. If you currently manage people in any capacity, then hell yeah. If you plan to have a team at some point, it could be useful information to get in your head now. However, it’s up to you to make the call based on your current priorities.
Almost every business (even diehard
Q: What’s the deal with the 15-minute laser coaching calls? How often can we call you if we’re having problems?
A: As often as you want! Every week, we’ll have several hours of availability you can simply book if there’s something you want to talk about. If for some reason that availability doesn’t work, just let us know and we’ll find another time that works for you. In our humble opinion, this access is worth way more than the cost of the entire program.
Q: How does the Care and Feeding of Superheroes 6 week on-going coaching program work?
A: The coaching program will be done totally online and focus on one module and action step at a time over 6 weeks on a private Facebook group for attendees. The goal of the program
In addition, Keeler and I will be on there to answer any and all questions so we can be sure you’re using the system as best you can for your personal situation and goals. We’ll also be there to help you come back if you fall off the wagon, or help you adjust as needed based on the inevitable obstacles that will come up. In short, we’ll be working with you on a daily basis to make sure you’re actually seeing results and integrating the program.
Q: I'm coming from out of town. Can you tell me more about travel and hotels?
A: Absolutely. We made a handy travel guide, just for this occasion. Check it out HERE